A little about me

A long time ago... well,  I'm not that old yet. Actually 7 1/2 years ago I met the one person who would love me unconditionally and would stick with me through hard times!
He is the best person God could have made for me and my Best Friend!  We have had some great times together, and have grown so much as a couple and now as a family!

Ricky and I started out as 2 young college kids, living in our home town of De Queen, with nothing to do and a dream to make something big of ourselves, go to college, leave this small town and live in the big city. Things were going great, we got out of De Queen, and moved to Magnolia, and was working towards finishing our education. Ricky in Business Accounting and Finance and I in Business Finance, little did I know, down the road, that would not be the degree for me. The 2 years in Magnolia were very hard for me, as someone that had grown up convinced she knew what she was doing and had it all figured out, life decided to throw me many curveballs; making me question my choices, my faith, and my career. Year 3 into my business finance degree, I became very discouraged and frustrated, wondering why I chose this major.  I considered changing my major, or just quitting school altogether. I was burnt out and had hit one of the biggest speed bumps of my life, and I could not figure out how to get around it. I finally decided that I have made it this far, that I needed to finish what I had already started and completed my degree, then if I decided later to go for another degree, I would.

So with Three degrees, Two years, One proposal, and a lot of prayers later, it was time to take the next step in our life together. August 9th, 2008 Ricky and I said "I Do".


They say the first year of marriage is the hardest, and for us, it was not that difficult. Fortunately for us, we knew how strong our relationship was, and we knew how to work with each other's strengths.
  Now the big question was, where are we going to work? Where will that awesome job be waiting for the fresh, new college graduates? Well luck as you know it, landed us right back in our small hometown of De Queen!  Sometimes you get an offer that you just can't refuse, no matter the location,  so we packed up and moved back to De Queen.
From there we started our career, but having graduated about the time the economy tanked, and for most people, having a business degree was useless, at least for me.  However I found a good job that I liked, and that is what matters the most!
For the next few years, Ricky and I enjoy "Married Life" and all the joys it brings. As a new married couple, one of the questions it always brings is, when are you going to have kids?
This was our Answer:

Our Golden Retriever, Buddy!

We knew that we wanted to have kids, but not at that time, so for the next 2 years, we focused on, work, each other and Buddy!

Until Next time...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

19 Months Old