My personal challenge

You CAN do it!!!

I told myself  if I could make it to 1 month, I would publish a personal accomplishment! Well guess what, I made it! 

Since Derek was born, I have wanted to " Get into Shape".  As each month passed, so did the dream, or idea of working out. I'd tell myself, it would be nice to be the size you were before you got pregnant at Derek's first  Birthday, but still nothing happened. Well one day that all changed, I am not sure how it happened, it just did, and I told myself, I'm doing this.
 I have gained the confidence, to go out there and do it, regardless of who I see or how many people are around. For that I am so thankful.  All of a sudden, I don't care who sees me with a beat red face, or the fact that I can't run that fast. I am doing it!!

                                         

 The Couch to 5K Challenge!!

Week 1: The first day was not bad, thanks to my friend Emilee for the workout buddy and the motivation to do it! 
I really enjoyed my first day!
The second day, a Monday, was for sure a Monday! It has been a horrible day, and I began to look forward to the workout, to give me a chance to "get a break". As the day goes on everything seemed to be stacked against me! Even at the track, it's busy and not a lot of place to park, but I didn't let myself back down! Did my workout and so happy I did!

                                  

Week 2: I was a little nervous about this week, but it was a small amount of running, with a good amount of walking so I knew I could do it, only with the help and support of my wonderful husband.  This week was a little harder, but I pushed myself and was able to complete it.

                                                                       

Week 3: I was not looking forward to week 3. It consisted of 2 repetitions of a 1 1/2 minute jog and 3 minute jog. The 1 1/2, I could do but the 3 minute jog, WAS TOUGH!!!! On day 3 I was finally able to do the last 3 minute jog, without stopping! Even with being able to run 3 minutes, I was becoming frustrated with myself and the process. All I could think was; "why can't I see results, why is the weight not coming off."All the while knowing that this is going to take time before I see any kind of results, and that I could not stop here!

                                          

Week 4: I decided to do week 3 over in the couch to 5K, mainly because I can't run the time you are supposed to and I knew there was no way I would be able to jog 5 minutes! Plus no one said I had to do the whole thing in 8 weeks, I need to do what is best for me! This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon, and hopefully something I will do from now on! Once my body gets used to it!
I was only able to do 2 days this week. The first day was ok, still a little rusty.
Friday, my last day to run for this week, I DID IT!!!!  From start to finish, without stopping, and having to take a break!! When it said to run, I did, and when it said to walk, I was able to. I focused on my breathing and was able to prepare for the upcoming jog!!! YAY ME!!!!!
Let me tell you, that is the best feeling in the world, right there!! Small victory for some, but a huge victory for me! Not only because I was able to do it, I have been able to stick with this for a Month and I can't believe it! 
                                  

There is no way I would be able to do any of this without my wonderful Husband. He has been so supportive, understanding, motivating through this process! He has cheered for me when I needed it, and motivated me when I had none! He has allowed me to be able to do this by keeping an eye on Derek and helping me when I didn't want to do it! I am truly blessed to have such an amazing man!

Wish me luck on week 4!!
                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

#ONEBIGTRUTH