October

What a month!!!
We have Moved!!!
Yay!!! We have been looking to move for quite some time, and Mid-September, Ricky went to look at a few houses, and we turned in our application for the house and 2 hours later, we were approved.
Talk about fast moving. I was speechless, and excited.
This move that we have talked about for so long was finally happening.

We were slowly going to get things packed, so when moving day came, we would be ready. Well after making all the arrangements, we realize that it would be easier and more cost-efficient if we moved in a week early, no pressure.
So on the 10th we loaded all our big stuff onto a trailer and headed south.
My family was a great big help with the move and there was no way we would have been able to do it without them.

The first night in the house, with a 2 year old, was a rough one. We had decided, new house, Derek will begin to sleep in his room, all on the same night, BIG MISTAKE!!! He was not a happy camper. I wound up sleeping with him in the recliner. Even that wasn't easy, but we made it through a night that seemed to last FOREVER. The next morning we had to head back to De Queen to get some more stuff, and begin cleaning. After a short discussion, we decided it best that we move Derek's crib back into our room, until he has a chance to get familiar with the new house. We will re-evaluate that in a month or so.

I was not able to make the transition to Ashdown that week, so Derek and I loaded up every morning at 6:45 to head to De Queen. I didn't mind that because it gave him an extra week with his grandma before he started daycare.  The last day was hard for us all, so I decided I wanted to do something for my mom, after all for the past 2 years, they have spent a lot of time together, and I am so gratefull, they had that time to bond. I made her a special card, with written notes from both me and Derek, and I got her some flowers. After a long good-bye and a few tears, this journey has ended and a new one has begun.

After a week of unpacking and deciding what needed to go where, we finally felt a little more at home. We were ready to tackle the next phase of our life and DAYCARE....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

#ONEBIGTRUTH