Show and Tell Tuesday: Your Momfessional Moments

 


Good Morning All! Today I am linking up with Andrea  for Show and Tell Tuesday, and today we are sharing some of our "Mommy Moments". Now some of these moments are not my proudest moments, but as a parent, sometimes you do what you have to do to get by. 

Too Much TV Time:
Sometimes you need a break. After working all day, then cooking dinner, the last thing you want to do is play legos, or transformers. On those days, I make Micky Mouse Clubhouse sound like the best thing on the planet, so my son will sit quietly and watch it, and give me a little bit of time to relax and decompress before the bedtime routine starts.

Diaper "Cleaning":
Ok so there was this one time, when I had just changed his diaper, got him dressed, and not 2 seconds later, he decided to "poop". I get him undressed, to change him again, to discover a tiny pebble. What did I do, used a wipe to clean out the diaper, but not actually change the diaper. It was competly dry, and had been worn 5 mintues. Am I the only one that has done this, Tell me I am not alone? LOL 

Eating in Secret: 
You know when you get the late night sweet cravings, but it is to late to share with your 2 year old. I have been know to sneek into the kitchen, secretly eat my sweet, but as soon as I hear the little one headed for the kitchen, make a Mad Dash to "hide" it, so he won't see it. 

Bath Time:
For the longest time, like clock work, I would bathe my kid every other night. It was tiring, and I would find myself trying to talk my kid out of wanting to take a bath. Then I read an article that says that its ok to bathe your kids 3 times a week, if they are not sweaty, or sticky. I did a happy dance in my head. 

Crib Soother:
When Derek was a baby, he didn't sleep very good, so we decided to buy a Crib Soother, to help him sleep. Well it works so good now that when the red light comes on to indicate the batteries are dead, we act. MUST GET BATTERIES!!  Even if it is 9PM, one of us will go to the store to BUY BATTERIES! I know it sounds crazy, but if the soother isn't working, no one is sleeping, so Soother Rules. LOL  This happened one night at 2 AM, OH NO!! I knew we had 1 extra C battery, so as he is crying screaming, I am praying this one battery will carry the other 3 till morning.  Fortunately it did, and I headed staight to the store right after work for batteries. 


Liquid Gold:
That moment, after you have spent 30 minutes, pumping just enough for the next feeding,  and slightly bump the bottle just enough to spill it. Yes, I cried. 

So there you have some of my momfessionals, not so proud mom moments. I can't wait to read some of your momfessionals.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!



Comments

  1. I've "dumped" an otherwise clean diaper before :) Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

19 Months Old