Gone with the Wind.... continues

Let me just say, it is taking me so much longer to read 5 chapters than I thought.
Here are a few reasons why:
  • I have a 3 year old.
  • I have a full time job. 
  • I am a full time mommy and wife.
  • Did I mention I have a 3 year old?
Not to mention, the chapters are really long. I am so glad I am doing this, as I feel like I am really getting to know characters better than I knew them before.

So lets get to the book, shall we:

Here are a few of the big differences.

The plan to get Ashley to marry her, and not Mellie is huge, and well thought out. Of course the plot is the same, but the detail and thought Scarlet  puts into getting him back is massive.
One of the main focuses of the next few chapters is Rhet Butler with his background story, as well as the introduction of Atlanta, and how it rose up during the war.
 Just like the movie, Scarlet does marry Charles, but has a baby with him, that is not mentioned in the movie. She isn't to happy about being a seventeen year old mother/ widow, and becomes depressed, so she begins to travel, but always winds up bored, and sad. Her mother suggested that she visits Mellie, and Miss Pittypat, in Atlanta and she agrees.
She is still in mourning so she isn't able able to attend all the picnics, and balls that are going on, and once again feels like her life is over. All she is able to do is work at the hospital, caring for wounded soldiers and fake mourn Charles.

 Image result for gone with the wind

Then the night of the bazaar comes up and they need extra bodies to work the booth, and Melanie and Scarlet are asked too. Scarlet who really wants to attend the ball, quickly agrees.
One point that is different than the movie, is Scarlet is the first to offer her wedding band to the cause and not Melanie. Also Rhet and Scarlet spend a lot of time talking at the booth.
Once Rhet pays to dance with Scarlet, they become the talk of the town and Scarlet fears her mother will hear of it, and make her come home.

Stick with me as I read through the next 5 chapters. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

#ONEBIGTRUTH