Our Baby Story

As we begin to count down the days to the birth of our child, I have been loosely preparing things around the house. Knowing that the baby would not come early, I planned to spend my weekend getting everything set and ready, as well as our bags completely packed. I went for a check up on Friday, hoping for some good news, but planning for no change.  I was still dilated to a 1, so we decided that we would wait a little longer, meet next Tuesday, my due date, and form a game plan that day. I left the Dr. appointment feeling disappointed, but ok since I wanted labor to happen on its own. The Dr. didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, so  I headed to work, went about my day, and made plans to work the following week.

Saturday morning, I woke up, as I am an earlier riser, to my back hurting, but I don't think much of it, as this was the 5th time my back has been hurting, so I wrote it off as false labor. I had to work an event for a few hours, so I rested around the house most of the morning, and considered not going into work. However, after I took a shower, I felt much better and decided to attend our work event.

About an hour or so into working I felt a slight leak, like I peed on myself, so I went to the bathroom, noticed I lost my plug and just thought the wetness was part of it. I go about the day, trying to be pleasant, but my mind is racing.



Everyone is having a good time and being silly and all I can think is I hope everything is ok. About 20 minutes later I feel another gush and get really concerned. I reach out to my nursing friends for advise and call the hospital, all for them to say "go to the hospital". 
I let my boss know what is happening, and I call Ricky to let him know it was time to head to the hospital. I feel pretty sure that they are going to send us home, so we take care of a few things around the house, I change my clothes, then we wake Derek up from his nap. 
We arrive at the hospital at about 2:00, and tell them what happened, and follow it with I am sure it's  nothing and we will probably be sent home. 
We get settled in our room, and the Dr. tells us that my water broke. In disbelief, since I wasn't having any contractions, I ask them if I need to come back later, and they all laugh and say " no you are having a baby today". At this point, I am in shock, and think, there is no way we are having a baby today. I remember asking them a few times if they were sure and each time it was "yes". I then call my mom to let her know it's baby time. 

Labor was a little tough, as I was not clear that I wanted an epidural, and when I was ready for it, I didn't have enough fluid in me and had to wait 30 minutes, also I was dilating so fast, that the contractions continued to be INTENSE!
Once the epidural was given, I was feeling a lot better. 

At this point, I need to give a huge shout out to my husband, who is trying to stay by my side and also keep our 4 year old entertained. 
He did a wonderful job, I can only imagine the emotional train he was riding that day. 

Finally after only 7 hours of labor, from beginning to end, I was holding this sweet boy in my arms. 


Proud Daddy and Brother

Here we are killing time, waiting on baby brother to arrive. 



There is nothing sweeter. 


My Boys!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

#ONEBIGTRUTH