Chicago Trip 2018- Part 1

Back in Late 2017, Ricky and I decided that we wanted to celebrate our 10-year anniversary with a trip. We went back and forth between returning to San Diego or go to Chicago.  Once we settled on a place and date, it was time to get ready. Why Chicago? 1) we want to see the world and go to a place we have never been before. 2) What better adventure than with one you love. 3) 10 years of marriage is worth celebrating.

We were fortunate to have my parents willing and able to watch our boys while we went on this trip, so Tuesday afternoon, I meet up with my mom, said good-bye to the boys, and headed home to pack.
Chicago here we come!!!
About 10Pm that night, I get a call that Derek has gotten sick, and I went to bed hoping it was nothing serious.

Wednesday
We wake up early, ready to start our adventure.  We drop the dogs off at their doggie daycare and head to the airport.

We meet some nice people in the airport who give us some input on what to do in Chicago, one being to try the banana pudding at the Magnolia Bakery. Side note: she was right, the banana pudding was GREAT! 

We land in Chicago and head to our hotel. After we checked in we headed to the famous Giordano's for the Chicago Style Pizza. The wait was ridiculous so we got an appetizer and drinks which were delicious. This is called "The Best" Tomato Bruschetta and it was delicious. 


While we waited for our pizza to arrive, did I mention 1-hour wait, I checked in with my parents to see how the kids were doing, and it turns out that Derek has some sort of bug, so I am trying to get him taken care of, and upset that I am not there with him. 
Once our pizza arrives, it did not disappoint. It was so good. I am officially a Chicago style pizza fan. It is very filling so one slice goes a long way. 



Thursday

Thanks to Reddit,  we found out that Wildberries was "the place to eat" so we headed there first thing in the morning, and it did not disappoint. 


We had already looked over the menu, so we knew what we wanted. 

I got the Florence Benedict because I love spinach, with Signature Berry Bliss Pancakes. 




 Ricky got the Espanola Omelet with Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes. 



This meal was really good, and we quickly realized that the food in Chicago was going to be AMAZING.

After a filling breakfast, we headed to Millenium Park to take in all the sights. 


 It was about 9:00AM when we made it to The Bean, and it was perfect.
Apparently on a Thursday morning is the best time to visit the bean, as there were maybe 10 people at the park.



With this being such an Icon for Chicago, it was really fun to experience. 


After the Bean, we went to the Lurie Gardens, which was really cool. Not to mention the weather was wonderful, so we decided to enjoy it as much as possible. 



Ricky has an eye for a good picture.



Isn't the Chicago Skyline beautiful? 


I would go anywhere with you.


 In the background, is an outdoor stage that looked like the Oprah house in Sydney.


Our plan for the day was to visit the Art Museum but it wasn't open yet so we headed to the Willis Tower instead.


What a view of Chicago. 


As we waited in line to step out on the ledge, I was telling myself that it was glass, there wasn't anything to be afraid of, and I did fine until I reached my foot on to the glass, and my mind panicked. Although I could see the glass, my mind could not register it was safe. It was a weird feeling. 


Look out below!! 


After the Willis Tower, we headed to the Art Institute Museum.


There were a lot of things to see and do in this museum, and we took a ton of pictures, so here are some highlights. 


Just hanging out with Buddha.


This was a really big statue outside in their courtyard. 


 Ricky was so happy to be here at the Art Museum and see some of the most famous paintings.



And he was the happiest about this one!


After the Museum we headed back to our room to rest and get ready for HAMILTON!! 



We were so EXCITED!!




Of course, I had to brag on Snapchat!


This is the room where it happens.


After the Play, we were on such a high. The play was AMAZING, and I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. It is a Must-See. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

#ONEBIGTRUTH