Weekend recap


This past weekend was awesome, but do to work being so busy, and spending time with the family at night, I am just now getting around to post this.  
We took Derek to his Grandma and Grandpa's this weekend so we could get some shopping done. 
Ricky and I had a great time, shopping for Derek, talking, and date night. 
It was so much fun being Santa for the second year. I am more excited as a parent that I ever had been and I know Derek is going to be so happy with all his gifts.
After all the shopping, we decided that since we were kid free, we would embrace the moment and have a date night, so we spent the evening at the movies and eating at Texas Roadhouse.  I had a great time, spending the evening with my best friend. 


Earlier that week, I was expecting my Christmas gift to arrive. Ricky wanted to get me an IPad Mini, and of course,I said "No I don't need an IPad", but Ricky insisted.  Turns out that Wal-Mart over sold the IPads, and our order was never process, but instead of me being disappointed, Ricky went to Target and bought me an IPad.  I was speechless as he was telling me the story. WOW how did I get so lucky to have someone that loves and cares so much about me that he would do all that for, just to make sure that I was happy.  Everyday, I am so grateful for his love and commitment to our family. 

                                                             

Sunday afternoon, I want to pick up Derek, who had a great time with his grandparents, but was ready to come home. I was not there 20 minutes and he was pulling my hand towards the door saying "let's go."  Once we made it home, we decided to take Derek to a Dinosaur Expo, we thought it was $5 per person, so we figured, why not. Once we get there, it was actually $15 per person, and we were a little disappointed at the price for what we got.  As soon as we walked in the door, a LIFE SIZE DINOSAUR greeted us a the door, and I am not going to lie, it scared the H*** out of me, and I had to tell myself quite a few times, this is a person.  Derek on the other hand, could sense my fear, and he was not having any part of it, so for the first 20 minutes he was terrified, and would not let us set him down. Once he realize the dinosaurs were not going to get him, he got down to explore.
At this point, Derek isn't sure what's going on.

Look at that face

Daddy is Reading to Derek.

This is right when you walk in, as you can see Derek is not letting go of Daddy.

He Liked this one.

OK this isn't so bad...



This is as we were leaving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

#ONEBIGTRUTH