Birthday Weekend Recap


WOW  what a weekend it was. I had a great time celebrating my birthday with my family.

We started off the weekend with plans for my papaw to visit to see our new house, with my mom, and she was going to take Derek for the weekend so Ricky and I could have dinner and a movie.
On Saturday morning, we get up, have breakfast and begin to clean the house. We wanted it to look nice when my papaw came for a visit, so we spent all morning cleaning, mopping, and doing laundry.
At about 11:30 we decided it was time to head out and get  some lunch, so knowing that we would be gone for a short time, I take a quick shower, throw my hair up, and head out the door.

As we are eating lunch we get this picture, no text included:

So I get excited, assuming that my bother and sister-in-law bought a house. So we text them, did you buy a house?
We also receive this picture: 

Then we receive a phone call stating that that picture is taken in front of our house! SURPRISE!!! That's right, my father and mother-in-law and brother-in-law drove 7 hours for a surprise visit. What a great surprise. I was so happy to see them, and also in shock.

Not only were they in town, but my mom was headed to town also. Time for a family reunion.

We send them directions to our current location, so they can meet up with us, and grab lunch as well.
It is at this moment in time, I am regretting my "lack of appearance". I know they don't care how I look, but when you only see your distant family twice a year, you want to look "presentable." NOTE TO SELF: Always leave the house prepared to see everyone you know.

In the meantime, I call my mom to give them a heads up that she will not be able to take Derek home with her for the weekend, but are still welcome to come visit.

Once we are all at the house, we enjoy each others company, get caught up on current events, and end the night with cards and laughter.

The next morning we cook breakfast, and say good-bye to our visitors. With the rest of the day ahead of us, we decided to enjoy the afternoon in Shreveport, LA, on the Boardwalk.
We all had a really good time, and there is no place I would rather be than with my family.

To end the day, Ricky still wanting to make my day as special as possible, he surprises me with this:
Homemade brownies and they were delicious! 

I am a little bummed about turning 31, but I know that I have great things ahead of me. On my next birthday, we will have one more family member to celebrate with and we can't wait to meet him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

19 Months Old