Growing up too fast....

In the early days of having a newborn, the sleep derivation, early morning feeding, endless crying, from baby and mommy, to the countless diapers, I am amazed of the growth I have seen in Derek.
                                                                  
There is no more filling bottles, burping, and spoon feedings, but "I want Pizza", Make my Plate, Please", or "I Big Boy", as he refuses to sit on a block at the table.

Instead of swaddling, and tippy-toeing out of the room, we are saying prayers, reading books, and saying "I Love you" as I turn out the light and close the door.

I am no longer woken up with a foot in my face, or a knee in the back, but instead a sweet voice yelling " I want out" or "Go away Mommy."

Our days are filled with building Lego Sand Castles, as Derek calls them, watching Toy Story, over and over and over again, Splashing in the Puddle, and playing cars.


Our Hallway becomes a race track, as we race down the hallway in a laundry basket, or pretend the School Bus is being Chased by the Police car, as Derek will say "Chase me with Police Car, Mommy".




Each Day I am reminded of how Lucky I am, that I was chosen to be this little guys Mommy.
It is a great joy, that someone calls me Mommy, and that every day, I am able to witness this little boy grow up and to be there for all of his first. Pretty soon, I will have changed my last diaper for him, it will be the first day of Kindergarten, and his first sleep over.

All the moments I will remember as he continues to grow, and I am so glad I get a front row seat, to be able to enjoy this ride.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

19 Months Old