Happy New Year!

Yes I know I am a little bit late, but better late then never, right.

WOW we had a wonderful Christmas. It is times like this that I am reminded of how blessed we really are. Having Derek in Daycare, and the love and devotion they show him has been amazing, and I have loved all the crafts he has brought home.  It has been wonderful to see how creative they are with him, and how evolved he gets with it comes to his craft projects.

 We had a wonderful Christmas break. On some days we took Derek to daycare, to keep his schedule, and other days he stayed home with us. It was nice all the way around, but Ricky and I got to spend a lot of time together, being US. It was a wonderful way to spend the Christmas break.










Derek got a ton of toys for Christmas, from all kinds of family members, so his room is loaded with toys, however, every night we go into his room, and we get it all organized and back in order. Derek is right in the middle of it, and every night he melts my heart because he will be talking to us, as we are cleaning saying, " I'm cleaning up, Its messy". Oh My Gosh, how cute is that.  Some days we will go to his room to play, and he will look at me and crinkle his nose, and say "It's Messy". One night I ask him to take some toys to his room, and in true kid form, he gathered all the toys up, just like I asked him to, and took them to the door of his room, and dropped them right in the doorway, but they were in his room. LOL I guess I need to be clear when I ask him to do a task.




He also loved to plug up the Christmas tree, every morning that was his job, and to make sure that his favorite snowman ornament was still there. Then all day long he would ask you to "come see it", and when we would ask him what we needed to see, he would say "smen". I hated to take down the tree, but I was getting tired of him bringing me an ornament every 5 minutes, no matter how many time I told him No and spanked his hand.

Oh and did I mention, he is sleeping in his own room now? That's right, New Year's Eve, we moved his crib into his room. He is doing ok, he wakes up a little bit more at night, but because I am a light sleeper, I hear him and I am able to reassure him that I am right there.  Other nights he will wake up, turn on his soother and go right back to sleep!
Also just the other day, he asked to sit at the table and not his high chair. Why has the new year grown up my baby so much and this is only the first week??? (Insert me crying)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Diego, CA Part 2

16 Months Old

#ONEBIGTRUTH